Sunday, January 10, 2010

PANTONE® 15-5519 Turquoise

Pantone unveils Turquoise as colour of the year 2010!
“In many cultures, Turquoise occupies a very special position in the world of color,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “It is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many – taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy... It is universally flattering, has appeal for men and women, and translates easily to fashion and interiors. With both warm and cool undertones, Turquoise pairs nicely with any other color in the spectrum. Turquoise adds a splash of excitement to neutrals and browns, complements reds and pinks, creates a classic maritime look with deep blues, livens up all other greens, and is especially trend-setting with yellow-greens.”

I've seen some turquoise around...
oh and there's a fair bit of it in yesterday's post

1 comment:

  1. Turquoise is one of my favourite colours. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of letting me know that you were on my diary page. I picked that date because it's my birthday today. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a fantastic day!